One more win for GSM T-Mobile? The company may have scored the high-end Samsung Galaxy S, which is most the powerful Android smartphone in the world. With its 1GHz ARM Cortex-A8 processor and PowerVR SGX540 graphics, the Galaxy S can do serious 3D on its Super-AMOLED (800×480) display.
The Galaxy S passed through the FCC and was originally thought to be an AT&T phone, but Howard Chui’s hands-on with the unit shows that its Mobile Server Name is is “T-959,” a T-Mobile naming scheme.
- 4.1″ Super-AMOLED 800×480
- 1GHz ARM Cortex-8
- PowerVR SGX540 graphics
- 8Gb ROM, How much RAM?
- 3G, Wireless N, Bluetooth, aGPS
- Front-facing camera, 5 Megapixel back camera
- 1500 mAh Battery, 6.5 Hrs. Talk, 350 Hrs. Standby
- 122.4 x 64.2 x 9.9 mm @ 118 grams.